A station platform lamp from Hemingbrough, North Yorkshire, complete with original name glass, station which closed in 1967 on the Hull-Selby railway
1968/2012 Seeley/Titchmarsh/BSA DBD34, 497cc. Registration number PHO 160G. Frame number B.25 B5415. Engine number DBD34. GS. 8162 (home stamped).
One of the ultimate race bikes of the 1960's was the BSA Gold Star, builders were always after a better handling frame, Colin Seeley came up with it and then licensed his Mk III frame, designed with Reynolds 531 steel to Roger Titchmarsh. His designs were used by many builders, whether with a G50 engine, or later with Japanese power.
In 2012 our vendor decided to build his own replica, using a MkIII frame, he fitted a new ABSAF engine, stamped DBD 34 GS. 8162 (out of the normal DBD engine number range), an aluminium tank, Ceriani forks with a 250mm 4L/S Fontana front brake, Triumph five speed gearbox (four speed converted to five speed with T140 cluster - all new bearings and bushes), Swan neck clip-ons. A B.S.A. conical rear hub was used with three Dural cooling fins shrunk on and bolted through using the original spoke flange as a fourth fin and then
spoking the wheel from the route of the original spoke flange exactly, like a Manx Norton, a Pearson self starter was fitted, Maxton Racing rear shocks, single seat with a 13amp hour battery in the hump, reconditioned Goldie Mag Dyno with 12v armature, bespoke exhaust, new rims/tyres/tubes with stainless steel spokes, new chains, reconditioned Gold Star
chronometrics and a hydraulic steering damper. All of the boxes ticked here then!
Since construction it has travelled some 1,000 miles and sounds wonderful when fired up for the photo shoot.
Sold with the V5C and some paperwork, this machine is a work of art!
A WWI German Artillery Pickelhaube, leather bodied helmet with brass Prussian Garde pattern helmet plate, brass front trim, rear spine, circular spike base and ball mount fitting, lacking one cockade, interior of the helmet retains its leather liner, dated 1914 and B.J. A XVII.
1977 Harley Davidson XLCR1000, 998cc. Registration number DFC 993R. Frame number 7F01040H7. Engine number 7F01040H7.
First released in 1977, the XLCR was quite a bold departure from the Harley-Davidson formula. A Sportster in café-racer clothes, it was in production for just two years and has become one of the most interesting and collectible of modern Harleys. With much input from then-new styling chief Willie G. Davidson, the short-lived XLCR (XL denoting the Sportster family, CR for Café Racer) comprised a lightweight frame and standard Sportster engine. The petrol tank and tailsection had a certain XR750 dirt-tracker feel, but stretched and streamlined, complemented by low-rise handlebars and a bikini fairing up front. Morris mag wheels and triple disc brakes were used, along with a Siamesed exhaust system in black chrome.
Unfortunately the bike's sinister all-black appearance wasn't backed up by its performance, sales were slow, and production ceased in 1978 after less than 2000 examples had been manufactured, assuring its collector status.
DFC was imported in 1983 and first owned by Frank Chapman of Minster Lovell, our vendor buying it in 2004 and had an MOT in 2007 at 2,410 miles, today the mileage is 2,765.
Sold with the V5C and old MOT together with and owners manual. It should be noted there is a gearbox issue as it will not change gear and the clutch needs to be depressed to move it.
A circular vitreous enamel single sided sign, Oilzum, Motor Oil, green and orange pictorial with two race cars, diameter 51 cm.
A Wedgwood porcelain Fairyland Lustre bowl, designed by Daisy Makeig-Jones, of circular form, decorated with the Leapfrogging Elves pattern against a black lustre ground, the interior with more elves against a green iridescent ground, printed gold Portland Vase mark, 14 cm diameter.
1937 Morris ten-Four, 1292cc. Registration number BNP 656 (see text). Chassis number unknown. Engine number unknown.
Morris Ten was a new class of car for Morris now equipped with wire wheels and a new type of mud guarding—domed wings with wing side shields—it was powered by a Morris 1292 cc four-cylinder side-valve engine employing a single SU carburettor which produced 24 bhp at 3,200 rpm. The gearbox was a four-speed manual transmission unit, and Lockheed hydraulic brakes were fitted.
At the October 1932 Olympia Motor Show the coach-built saloon with sliding head was £169.10.0. Body styles at launch in August 1932 were restricted to a saloon and two-door coupé, but a four-door tourer joined the range in December, followed in 1934 by a two-seater with dickey seat and a Traveller's Saloon.
Twelve months later, with the introduction of the Ten Six, Four was added to the Ten's name. The chassis was strengthened, engine mountings were revised and synchromesh appeared on the gearbox. Engine output was increased to 27½ bhp by April 1934. Two tone paint schemes were optional from 1935.
BNP is recorded with DVLA but the paperwork has been lost in this deceased sale. Obviously an older restoration, it was stored on blocks in a garage and should respond well to recommissioning. There are no keys.
A Whitefriars blue bark finish vase, 15cm.
A Chinese blue and white porcelain bowl, bearing Qianlong (1736-1795) six-character seal mark in underglaze blue, possibly period, with squirrel in tree decoration, double blue line to the foot, diameter 23 cm, height 11 cm.
The successful purchaser of the above lot is expected to settle their account within 3 working days by Bank Transfer only.
1951 Bedford M tanker. Registration number MFO 141 (see text). Chassis number 236758. Engine number unknown.
Mid -1939 saw a complete revamp of Bedfords, with a range consisted of the K (30–40 cwt), MS and ML (2–3 ton), OS and OL (3–4 ton), OS/40 and OL/40 (5 ton) series, and the OB bus. Many of the trucks sold by Bedford between June and September 1939 were requisitioned for military use on the outbreak of World War II; many were abandoned after the retreat from Dunkirk, rendered useless to the enemy by removing the engine oil drain plug and running the engine.
The 1939 K-, M-, and O-series lorries were quickly redesigned for military use. This was largely a matter of styling, involving a sloping bonnet with a flat front with headlights incorporated and a crash bar to protect the radiator in a minor collision. The military versions were designated OX and OY series, and again were put to a wide range of tasks, including mobile canteens, tankers, general purpose lorries, and a version with a Tasker semi-trailer used by the Royal Air Force to transport dismantled or damaged aircraft.
Production of the new range ceased, apart from a few examples made for essential civilian duties, when Bedford went onto a war footing. Production resumed in 1945.
MFO is recorded as being re registered by DVLA in 1995 and declared as a 1951 model with a 5,000cc engine. A photograph of of it without the bonnet one shows it was a tanker at this time.
An older restoration it should respond well to recommissioning. There is a copy of a SORN declaration and there are no keys with the vehicle, and DVLA state it is on SORN.