A vitreous enamel double sided, bracket hung AA Hotel sign, 80 x 56 cm.
Robert Mouseman Thompson (1876-1955), an oak circular fruit bowl, probably pre war, adzed exterior and interior, with carved mouse trademark to the exterior, diameter 24cm.
Collection of over 30 hand held electronic games from the the 1980s/1990s. To include- Ghostbusters II, Batman Returns, Dungeons & Dragons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Crystal Maze. (tested and working with batteries included)
To be sold on behalf of Monkey World.
Four early 19th century wax head dolls, dressed in period clothing, 48 cm, 63 cm, 70 cm and 83 cm (4)
An impressive Falkland Islands collection, two volumes, from 1878-1979, to include, many 1/2d, 1d, 2d, 2 1/2d, 4d, 6d, 9d, and 1 shilling mint and used, 1894 and 1896 covers, half crown and 5 shillings, mint, used and Specimen, , 1904-1912 Definitives mint, used and Specimens, War Stamps overprints, block of 8 War Stamp 1d, 1929 Definitive through to £1, mint used and cover1910-1935 Silver Jubilee block of 8 x 1d with lightening conductor variety, Victory issue, including a block of 15 x 1d, and 3d, through to 1978. (2).
A Victorian fairground ball game, with plaster clown head and torso, in need of restoration, head 30 cm.
South Africa 1879, awarded to 36/1434 Pte. J. Hurley, 1/13th Foot regiment, Queens South Africa with 1878-9 clasp, together with two brass badges, mounted.
Provenance; purchased by the vendors father in the 1970's.
Prior to the outbreak of the Zulu War, the 1st Battalion, 13th Prince Albert's Light Infantry, was engaged in operations against Sekukuni on the Transvaal border but, as war became imminent, it was moved south and formed part of Wood's Column, with which it remained throughout all operations.
On 2 January 1879 the Column left Utrecht and reached the Blood River two days later. Having left two companies of men under Major Leet at the fortified outpost of Balte's Spruit, the Column crossed into enemy territory and constructed a fort at Tinta's Drift on the White Umvolosi; two further companies were left to garrison under Major Moysey, and the Battalion then moved on towards Zunguin Nek. It was here that the enemy was met in force on the 24th and defeated with loss.
On 27 March a patrol of mounted men and natives were sent out towards Zlobane, the Native Irregulars under the command of Major Leet; such was the latter's gallantry in the retreat which ensued after the encounter with the enemy that he was awarded the Victoria Cross and promoted Brevet Lieutenant-Colonel.
At the Battle of Kambula the 13th gallantly checked the enemy at the right rear of the laager. According to The South African Campaign of 1879, 'Captains Evans and Fowne's companies were posted in Leet's redoubt, the fire from which made great havoc throughout the engagement. When the attack slackened, two companies of the 13th, under Captains Thurlow and Waddy, moving to the right front of the cattle laager, did great execution amongst the retreating Zulus, who were closely followed up and cut to pieces by the Mounted Corps.' During this engagement, two officers were severely wounded, six men of the regiment were killed and nineteen more were wounded.
Not long after, at the Battle of Ulundi, the 13th occupied the right of the square, within 30 yards of which numbers of the enemy's dead were subsequently found. As before, casualties were significant, with Lieutenant Pardoe killed, together with two ranks, and eleven more wounded.
After a wet and trying march, the Battalion arrived at Durban and embarked for England aboard H.M.S. Euphrates, arriving home on 18 September, after 4 years and 9 months of service in South Africa.
1033 Medals were issued to the 1/13th Regiment, 688 of them with the '1878-9' clasp.
A Hornby Dublo 4-6-2 locomotive, 60007, Sir Nigel Gresley with tender, box.
Darren Yeadon (b.1970), a carrara marble sculpture of a man, c.2005, 130 cm ARR
For more information http://weirdstones.com/
The marble is a variety called Bardillio. It is exactly the same as the famous white marble, contains more graphite hence the grey. The marble was sourced from the very same quarry used for Michelangelo's David. Yeadon personally went and searched for stones in the Quarry in Carrara, Tuscany.
An 18th century Ralph Wood pearlware Toby Jug, with foaming mug, decorated with a blue coat and green breeches, height 25 cm.
Sold with an Eric Hudes receipt, dated 18/09/1971, for £155.