Cab plate 5966, cast brass for Ashford Hall, brass ex GWR, built March 1937, first shed allocation Wolverhampton Oxley, August 1950 shed allocation Chester, March 1959 and last shed allocation Oxford. Withdrawn from service September 1962 and scrapped at A. King & Son, Norwich. Purchased by Mr Palk, of Wroughton ex works. The Great Western Railway 4900 Class or Hall Class is a class of 4-6-0 mixed traffic steam locomotives designed by Charles Collett for the Great Western Railway. A total of 259 were built at Swindon Works, numbered 4900–4999, 5900–5999 and 6900–6958. As indicated by their continuing production, the Hall class proved to be very successful in a variety of different roles, although barred from several cross-country and branch lines because of their red weight classification. According to Peter Herring, 'they were the first true mixed traffic locomotives, and as such precursors of the Stanier 'Black Five', Thompson B1 and BR Standard 5MT 4-6-0.