Travis engined bicycle, 1.5hp, c. 1950. Engine serial number 1515. The Travis Motor Kit was built by Power Products of Chicago, Illinois, who specialised in innovative small two-stroke engines for auxiliary bicycle power. Power Products supplied the flat-twin two-stroke motor for the Monark Twin-powered bicycle, and its own Travis Motor, sold independently, was intended for Scwhinn bicycles. It’s a very simple single-cylinder two-stroke engine with an aluminum cylinder and head, an aluminum piston and a forged crankshaft that was fully balanced for durability and smoothness. Two engine capacities were offered: a 1.5 HP kit and 1 HP kit, which are distinguishable by the size of the fuel tank attached to the motor—the 1 HP model’s fuel tank looks like a canteen. The kits sold for $69.99 to $89.99 in 1948, depending on the power output, and weighed only 17 pounds. The handlebar-mounted throttle (built by Tyco in Chicago) was combined with the decompressor to stop the motor. Ignition was by the flywheel magneto under that shapely domed cover. There is no history or paperwork with this unusual machine that should be a relatively easy to get running.