1966 Triumph Tiger 90 to Trophy spec, 500cc. Registration number LWW 60D. Frame number H46700. Engine number H46700. Triumph re-entered the 350cc class in 1957 with the introduction of the Twenty One, its first unitary construction model, and quickly followed up with a '500' version, the 5TA Speed Twin. The latter was first to undergo the 'sports' treatment in the form of the Tiger 100SS, the equivalent '350' not appearing for another five years. Launched in October 1962, the Tiger 90 featured a tuned engine equipped with a revised ignition system that used points instead of the previous distributor. The 'baby' Tiger looked smart and went well too, its top speed under favourable conditions being a genuine 90mph. It was also impressively economical. LWW was owned by Andrew Lawson of Goole in 1985 before passing to Tony Armstrong, again of Goole in 1986. In 1997 it came into the ownership of our vendors brother who sadly passed away later that year, his father then looked after it passing it to our vendor in 2012 and he gave it a total rebuild; the engine was upgraded to Trophy spec with Harris pistons, frame stripped and powder coated as were other components, Pazon Surefire electronical ignition was fitted. Every part of the bike was restored in homage of his brother. This was finished in 2016 and the speedo reset when MOT'd the following year the mileage was 42 and today it is only 282 miles. It has been recently recommissioned and was ridden to the saleroom. Sold with the V5C, V5 and a large collection of receipts for work undertaken in 2012/16.