1954 BSA M20, 499cc. Registration number PUO 796. Frame number BM20 1976. Engine number ZB33 4110. Created by the renowned Ariel and JAP designer Val Page in 1937 the M20 filled the hole in BSA’s range for a solid sidecar hauler for the family man. The bottom end design was common across the BSA range of singles, being used on both their M range of side valve and OHV heavy duty motorcycles and the lighter weight B series, including the famous Gold Star. BSA built more than 125,000 of them during WWII for the services and it became the longest serving model in the history of British military motorcycling. After the war the BSA M20 model continued in military service throughout the national service of the 1950s and in smaller numbers until the end of the 1960s, partly due to the low cost and easy availability of spare parts but also as a result of six years of harsh conditions with no serious failures. PUO was first registered with DVLA in 1954 and could well have been a Forces machine, at some point it has been fitted with a ZB33 engine. Owned by David Hudghton in 1998 our vendor bought it in 2008 and has used it occasionally. Sold with the V5C it will need recommissioning before use.